db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Query test failure with newer derby version (was Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jan 7, 9 am Pacific Time)
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 18:32:59 GMT
Hi Craig,

[...]
>> (2) query test:
>>
>> The failing test is in jdoql.conf: class
>> org.apache.jdo.tck.query.jdoql.ParenthesesMarkOperatorPrecedence
>> method runTestParenthesesMarkOperatorPrecedence08.
>> The test runs a JDOQL query with PCPoint as candidate class and "(x
>> == 2) == true" as filter. It results in an exception thrown by the
>> derby SQL compiler:
>>
>> java.sql.SQLException: Comparisons between 'BOOLEAN' and 'INTEGER'
>> are not supported. Types must be comparable. String types must also
>> have matching collation. If collation does not match, a possible
>> solution is to cast operands to force them to the default collation
>> (e.g. SELECT tablename FROM sys.systables WHERE CAST(tablename AS
>> VARCHAR(128)) = 'T1')
>>
>> The derby versions 10.6.1.0 and 10.7.1.1 run into this exception. But
>> it does NOT happen with derby version 10.4.2.0, which we are using in
>> the maven1 environment.
>
> Good catch. Would you have time to file a JIRA with Derby?

First I want to take a look at the generated SQL before filing a JIRA.
I'll keep you posted.

Regards Michael

[...]

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Prof. Dr. Christian Roth
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680