db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jan 7, 9 am Pacific Time
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 10:33:35 GMT
Hi,
> Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Maven2 upgrade. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647
>
> Only two tests are now failing: signature test and a query test. The
> signature test might be reading the wrong signature file, since there
> have been a few changes to the signature since 3.0.

I looked at the test failures:

(1) signature test:

The current pom.xml still refers the 3.0 version of jdo-api. The test
succeeds after switching the dependency to 3.1-SNAPSHOT.

Please note the dependency needs to be changed in exectck and tck!

(2) query test:

The failing test is in jdoql.conf: class
org.apache.jdo.tck.query.jdoql.ParenthesesMarkOperatorPrecedence method
runTestParenthesesMarkOperatorPrecedence08.
The test runs a JDOQL query with PCPoint as candidate class and "(x ==
2) == true" as filter. It results in an exception thrown by the derby
SQL compiler:

  java.sql.SQLException: Comparisons between 'BOOLEAN' and 'INTEGER' are
not supported. Types must be comparable. String types must also have
matching collation. If collation does not match, a possible solution is
to cast operands to force them to the default collation (e.g. SELECT
tablename FROM sys.systables WHERE CAST(tablename AS VARCHAR(128)) = 'T1')

The derby versions 10.6.1.0 and 10.7.1.1 run into this exception. But it
does NOT happen with derby version 10.4.2.0, which we are using in the
maven1 environment.

Regards Michael

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Prof. Dr. Christian Roth
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680