db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject Re: ant optional?
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 04:21:24 GMT
I can commit. Out of twin for weekend though. Will do next week.

Sent from mobile device. Responses brief.

On Dec 9, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Craig L Russell <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Go ahead and commit or if you don't have commit access (I forget) then open a JIRA and
attach a patch for one of us to commit.

> Craig
>
> On Dec 9, 2010, at 6:33 AM, Matthew Adams wrote:
>
>> Maven's test scope only means that it needs to be on the test classpath.  It would
not introduce a runtime or even compile time dependency of jdo-api.jar.  Optional means that
if Maven can't find it, compilation should still succeed, which it wouldn't if it weren't
available.  Again, <scope> and <optional> are orthogonal concerns.