db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 20, 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:08:41 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Maven2 upgrade-  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647.
Making progress. Running mvn install with java 5 has a test case
failure in the api project. Works fine on java 6. The changes to the
api pom.xml in the jira look good.

The exectck mojo is under development. This maven plugin will be
defined in the tck pom.xml to attach to a maven phase and run
automatically. It will be configured by default in the tck pom.xml and
can be overridden via additional elements in the tck pom.xml or by
command line. For example, we might support -DinstallSchema to specify
running the install schema function; -Dconf=mycnf to specify running
only the configuration in the src/conf/mycnf.conf file; -Ddb=mysql to
specify running with the database connection properties in the src/
conf/mysql.db file... The defaults will be to *not* install the
schema, run all tests on the reference implementation with the derby
database. Other possible scenarios would use different goals on the
command line.

2. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[6 Aug 10] AI Craig follow up on missing DTD/XSD. no news

[6 Aug 10] AI Craig update the download page with JDO 3 artifacts done.

[6 Aug 10] AI Craig talk to Apache PR re publicity for 3.0 release

It is possible to get publicity with Apache PR. What we need is
something that makes a compelling story.

The best story is from users who can be quoted saying good things
about the new functionality of the release.

Do we have any customers who are willing to be quoted? If not, do we
have customers who can tell us a story (not a direct quote) about why
the new features help them?

If not, we might not have anything worth a press release.

AI Everyone who knows of a customer who can tell us a story: tell us a
story.

[6 Aug 10] AI Michael reply to a poster that we have a new release
with a class missing from JDO 2.3 EA. no news

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com