db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Marco หงุ่ยตระกูล-Schulze <Ma...@NightLabs.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JDO.next Specification (was Review copy of JDO 2.3 with change bars and assertions)
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 13:14:33 GMT
On 04/30/2010 06:54 PM, Matthew Adams wrote:
> Yes, this occurred to me last night.  Are we looking at jdo3-api-3.0,
> or jdo2-api-3.0?
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Andy Jefferson <andy@datanucleus.org> wrote:
>
>>> To me, this justifies renaming the release from JDO 2.3 to JDO 3.0.
>>>
>> One minor issue with the rename is that the Maven repo has the artifact as
>> "jdo2-api". Do we go forward with this same name and just set the version to
>> 3.0, or does it become an artifact of "jdo-api" ?

Hello *,

I'd recommend "jdo-api" version 3.0. I'm not a big fan of version
numbers in project names and thus I'd prefer to remove the number from
"jdo-api" completely (rather than changing it to "jdo3-api", later
"jdo4-api" and so on). Or is there any benefit from keeping the major
part of the version in the name?

If I'm allowed to vote, then:

+1 for JDO 3.0

Best regards, Marco :-)