db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: JDOHelper.getObjectIds(Collection<Object>) should IMHO be JDOHelper.getObjectIds(Collection<? extends Object>)
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 01:45:27 GMT
Hi Marco,

Can you at least post the compilation error you get via email, if you
can't spare the time to file a JIRA? ;-)

I don't disagree with your comment that the Collection<Object> might
not have the right semantics but want to make sure that if we do
change this, we both fix your issue and don't break anything else.

There are other APIs that have this same pattern that we also should
look at.

Thanks,

Craig

On Apr 27, 2010, at 12:12 PM, Marco หงุ่ยตระกูล-
Schulze wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just stumbled over a compilation error when I wanted to get a
> collection of object-IDs, because the
> JDOHelper.getObjectIds(Collection<Object>) is typed with
> Collection<Object>. Shouldn't this be Collection<? extends Object>
> instead?
>
> Best regards, Marco :-)

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle