db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Timo Westkämper <timo.westkam...@mysema.com>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Apr 16, 9 am PDT
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:03:29 GMT
On 04/16/2010 07:46 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
> 2. Provision of a statically-typed refactor-friendly query capability
> for JDOQL https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-652
>
> Sounds good. Volunteers to drive this forward?

Hi.

I propose to split the standardization of the statically typed query
capability into a general part and a JDOQL specific part. A fork of
certain Querydsl parts could provide a foundation for both.

The reason for the splitted approach is that a standardization of the
general model would benefit also other frameworks and could become a
foundation for LINQ in Java.

The general part could be formed of the contents of the following
Querydsl packages :

com.mysema.query
com.mysema.query.types
com.mysema.query.types.custom
com.mysema.query.types.expr
com.mysema.query.types.path
com.mysema.query.types.query

The JDO specific elements could consist of the following elements :

com.mysema.query.jdoql.JDOQLSubQuery -> javax.jdo.query.SubQuery ?!?
com.mysema.query.jdoql.JDOQLQuery -> javax.jdo.query.Query ?!?

of course with some modifications

and a standardization of the code generation (probably also via APT).

What do you think about this approach?

Best regards,
Timo Westkämper.