db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Marco หงุ่ยตระกูล-Schulze <Ma...@NightLabs.de>
Subject Re: Query.executeWithMap(...) should accept unused parameters
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:53:01 GMT
On 04/08/2010 07:44 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:
>> I have no objection to this proposal. I don't think we really need a
>> compatibility option, though. I can't think of a case where the user
>> is *depending* on an exception to be thrown that will suddenly fail
>> the application. TCK testing aside.
>>
> I have no objection to the change, BUT ...
>

>> It is very close to being too late for 2.3, unless you can get
>> DataNucleus committers to agree to the change.
>>
> ... we need JDO 2.3 to be released. Shorter release cycles are the only way
> forward. This change can wait til 2.4; the option to use that is already in DN
> 2.1 (so people have their workaround), and DN 2.0 is the RI for JDO 2.3.

Hello everyone,

thanks a lot for your quick and positive replies! Working with you is
really fun :-)

We (the JFire-team) have no objections against postponing this to JDO
2.4 as we can use it already now via the DataNucleus-Option
"datanucleus.query.checkUnusedParameters". Thus, we're already perfectly
happy that my proposed change makes it into JDO and both versions 2.3 or
2.4 are fine for us.

Best regards and have a nice week-end!

Marco :-)