db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: Query.executeWithMap(...) should accept unused parameters
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:44:00 GMT
> I have no objection to this proposal. I don't think we really need a
> compatibility option, though. I can't think of a case where the user
> is *depending* on an exception to be thrown that will suddenly fail
> the application. TCK testing aside.

I have no objection to the change, BUT ...

> It is very close to being too late for 2.3, unless you can get
> DataNucleus committers to agree to the change.

... we need JDO 2.3 to be released. Shorter release cycles are the only way
forward. This change can wait til 2.4; the option to use that is already in DN
2.1 (so people have their workaround), and DN 2.0 is the RI for JDO 2.3.

--
Andy
DataNucleus (http://www.datanucleus.org)