db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jordan <davej...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 19, 11 am PDT
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:11:53 GMT

It would be good to get some new JDO articles written. I think it
would be valuable to have articles that compare JDO with JPA and
Hibernate, to show the simplicity of the code and queries, etc. People
think JDO went away largely because JPA came along with the full
backing of Sun, Oracle, IBM, the EJB community. It has seemed to me
that Hibernate is the primary technology people seem to be using in my
area, many have not moved to JPA. They also say they think JDO no
longer exists, I point out that the committee is still actively
refining the standard, etc. It would be good to get some JDO success
stories published by those that are deploying systems with it...

And having an article showing use of the JDO API, with an underlying
non-SQL backend, would be useful to get the non-SQL camp interested in
giving it a second look...