db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 20 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:46:21 GMT
NOTE: We will take a brief hiatus for Thanksgiving break; next call
will occur on December 4

Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Query timeout in JDO / Update timeout

a. Should we have different settings for query/read versus insert/
update/delete? Jorg says that *update* operations might need their own
setting.

b. Should the timeout apply to *any* in-vm operations, or just to
datastore operations? The original rationale for timeout was
specifically to allow setting the underlying datastore timeout value.

c Should we rename the property/api something like DatastoreRead and
DatastoreWrite? This might make it more clear that queries,
getObjectById, refresh, and others are affected.

AI Craig update the JIRA with new proposal

2.  Query objects and hashCode()  + equals()

This issue looks like it has been resolved. If further action is
necessary, please file a JIRA.

3. Dependence of RI on JPA2

Looks like this issue is moot. Based on our changes to JDO 2.3 and the
fact that JPA2 is now in JCP vote, there are no timing issues.

4. Other issues

If-then-else support for JDOQL: It looks like JPA2 will support this;
SQL supports it; are there any issues with non-SQL datastores?

Action Items from weeks past:

AI Nov 13 08 Michael: Take a look at what changes would be needed in
the BNF to support for if-then-else in JDOQL, reply to the original
email, open a JIRA

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!