db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 25, 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:13:45 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Matthew Adams, Craig
Russell
Agenda:

1.  TCK enhancement should make use of feature to enhance an entire
directory: Getting NPE https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-639

Seems to be a bug in the enhancer. The version being used is
DataNucleus Enhancer 1.1.4. Which versions should we use for the JDO
2.3 tck?

2. Query timeout test still fails. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-623

Any idea when this feature will be enabled for DataNucleus?

3.  Add annotations for instance callbacks: patch added. Comments? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-638

The latest patch suggests ordering of callbacks in case there are
multiple callbacks for the same event. It's not obvious to me that
this is a good enhancement, since the reason to order the callbacks is
internal to the callbacks, and ordering of callbacks can be done by
the user in most cases. The exception would be callbacks implemented
on subclasses and superclasses. We might require ordering of such
callbacks to be subclass first or superclass first. Subclass first
might make sense for some events; superclass first might make sense
for others. There is an ordering specified for callbacks and listeners
defined on the same event.

Also, if an overridden method is declared in a superclass, only the
subclass method is visible (virtual inheritance in Java). But the
implementation should recognize that there is an annotated method in a
superclass, and that method is overridden in a subclass, then
regardless of whether the subclass method is annotated, the method
should be registered for callbacks; and should only be called once for
each event for which it is annotated.

And what about those test cases?

4. Other issues

JDO wiki from Berlin seems to have some issues (reported by Michael).
If he tries the url http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/FrontPage everything
looks normal. But the urls http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ and http://wiki.apache.org/jdo
  redirect to a German page from which the link to the FrontPage is
visible. Suggest to contact infrastructure to troubleshoot.

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!