db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: broken tests in TCK testsuite
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:07:49 GMT
Hi Christian,

 From 11.1 of the specification:

The PersistenceManagerFactory implementation class must implement a no-
args
constructor. This allows the standard Java 6 service discovery
implementation to create a
factory instance upon which the getPersistenceManagerFactory methods
can be in-
voked.

I don't recall when this text was added. I have the history if it's
important to you.

Best regards,

Craig

On Jul 30, 2009, at 4:27 AM, CRomberg@versant.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I hope this is the right list to report broken tests in the TCK
> testsuite,
> I'm referring to TCK 2.0, ignore my post if these issues are resolved
> meanwhile:
>
> The following tests are broken, because they rely on a no-args ctor
> requirement:
>
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetConnectionPassword
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetConnectionURL
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetConnectionUserName
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetIgnoreCache
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetMultithreaded
> org
> .apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetNonTransactionalRead
> org
> .apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetNonTransactionalWrite
>
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetOptimistic
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.SetRetainValues
>
> Per specification the instantiation of the vendor implementation of
> javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactory is
> implementation specific, so Class.newInstance() is not valid.
> If there is any JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory() overload
> which
> returns a mutable PMF, the tests
> can be rewritten using this. Otherwise the tests can not be fixed.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Christian
>

> ---
> Versant GmbH
> European Headquarters
>
> Christian Romberg
> Wiesenkamp 22 b
> D 22359 Hamburg
> ---
> Versant GmbH is incorporated in Germany. Company registration
> number: HRB
> 54723, Amtsgericht Hamburg.
> Registered Office: Wiesenkamp 22b, 22359 Hamburg, Germany.
> Geschäftsführer: Jochen Witte.

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!