db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <mcai...@sonic.net>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, June 12, 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:52:47 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse

> 1. Use JDO TCK to test Querydsl query creation?
The Query test suite in the JDO TCK could be used to extract the JDOQL
and use this to generate a query. There is no way to inject the
generated JDOQL into the tests (without rewriting the tests) to compare
the actual against expected result. The schema installation mechanism of
the TCK can be used to set up the database to run tests against (maven
installSchema).  The query tests expect certain instances to be in the
database. Based on the configuration files for the test
(src/conf/query.conf), instances whose properties are specified in xml
(src/testdata/org/.../pc/company/companyForQueryTests.xml,
companyForSubqueriesTests.xml) are installed in the database for each
test. Expected results, as well as components of the query, are
specified in an array in the test class. This allowed using the same
data to generate a single string JDOQL query and an API query. The
mechanism for reading and loading test data from xml files is in
src/java/org/.../query/QueryTest.java.
> 2.  API required for enabling/disabling FOR UPDATE locking for SELECTs
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-619
Not clear whether we need this functionality on the instance.  When
would this be useful?  Does it need to be invoked at the time the object
is read from the data store or later? There are multiple ways of
accessing an instance from the datastore? Is this feature needed for all
access methods?  More discussion needed.

-- Michelle