db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JDO2.3 "early access"
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 17:18:42 GMT
One final comment. The release process requires that the vote message
be forwarded to the DB PMC:
The release manager calls for a vote to release by sending a message
to the community and forwarding the message to the pmc.
and
<LI>Send an announcement to vote on the release to the jdo-dev@db.apache.org
  alias. The message subject line contains [VOTE]. Forward the [VOTE]
message to private@db.apache.org. Iterate until you get a successful
vote. Mail the results of the vote to jdo-dev@db.apache.org, cc: general@db.apache.org
, and include [VOTE] [RESULTS] in the subject line.</LI>
This is required because it's actually the DB PMC that votes to
release. The JDO project has four members on the DB PMC, but it's
still the DB PMC that votes.

 From the http://db.apache.org/management.html page,

The call for a vote on issues not detailed here may specify
requirements for passage. The minimum and default requirement for a
passing vote is simple majority of PMC members casting ballots. The
default voting period is 10 days and the minimum is 7 days unless the
success or failure is arithmetically known.

So if you notify the PMC today, we can release next Monday.

Craig

On May 6, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> This vote is to release JDO 2.3 EA (early access) which contains the
> API jar
> and the TCK. **This is not to release the specification**. The
> release of the
> JDO2.3 spec and the final release of the API and TCK will be later.
>
> The vote will close on Monday 11-May-2009.
>
> Components :-
> JDO 2.3 ea API jar/source (javax.jdo package)
> JDO 2.3 ea model jar/source (org.apache.jdo package)
> JDO 2.3 ea enhancer jar/source (org.apache.jdo package)
> JDO 2.3 ea util jar/source (org.apache.jdo package)
> JDO 2.3 ea TCK jar/source (org.apache.jdo package)
>
> All components are staged on the Apache site, as follows :-
> Maven1 :
> http://people.apache.org/~andyj/jdo2-2.3-ea/m1-ibiblio-rsync-
> repository
> Distributions : http://people.apache.org/~andyj/jdo2-2.3-ea/db/jdo/2.3-ea
> Maven2 config file :
> http://people.apache.org/~andyj/jdo2-2.3-ea/m2-ibiblio-rsync-
> repository
>

> Please download and test the components. If you find a problem,
> report it
> back.
>
> [+1] Release JDO 2.3 "early access" api, tck, enhancer, model, and
> util
> [0] Don't care
> [-1] Don't release JDO 2.3 "early access" api, tck, enhancer, model,
> and util
> because:
>

> --
> Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)