db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JDO2.3 "early access"
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 17:39:41 GMT
Hi Andy,

On May 11, 2009, at 10:31 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
>> Just one non-blocking comment. The api2 jar has no dependencies, but
>> the tck2 jar has a dependency on datanucleus-jpa-1.1-SNAPSHOT. If the
>> intent was to create a release with no SNAPSHOT dependencies, this
>> doesn't quite meet the objective.
>
> No "real" user downloads the TCK, and it doesn't go in any Maven repo

Of course; this does change things. It's only if the TCK is in a maven
repo that anyone cares about the SNAPSHOT dependency. And it does make
sense to run 2.3-ea TCK with a SNAPSHOT.

> ; this is
> the only objective I had. Any implementor of JDO2.3 will not be
> using those
> deps anyway, replacing them with their own implementation.

If I recall, there is a requirement to run the RI alongside the IUT
(to test compatibility).

> Consequently I'm not too bothered. By 2.3-final we'll know which
> version of
> DataNucleus to put in there.

I'm not bothered either, just thought I'd bring it up since we hadn't
had the discussion earlier.

Craig

> --
> Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)