db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO 2.3-ea : Release process
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 14:49:16 GMT
Hi Andy,

On May 6, 2009, at 4:05 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Having tried this "release process" I find the following.
>
> In step 7 it says
> "7. Sign the artifacts. You must have a gpg key in order to perform
> this step.
> The sign-directory script is checked into jdo/bin.

The script is in the bin directory parallel to trunk and releases. You
may have to do an svn checkout if you don't have the entire jdo project.

> Edit this script to refer
> to your own environment (do not check it in).
> bin/sign-directory releases/2.n/dist/jdo2.<n>-rc<m>"
>
> yet there is no directory with a name like that.
> "releases/2.3-ea/dist" is the closest I have. Under that we have
> db
> m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
>
> Is this correct ?
> These are presumably created by the steps before that. So all files
> under
> there need signing. Ok.

Right. All the .jar, .tgz, etc. artifacts need a detached signature
and checksum.

> If I look in the poms under
> "releases/2.3-ea/dist/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/"
> they all have
> <currentVersion>${jdo.currentVersion}</currentVersion>
> This also seems to be what is being pushed about in IBiblio. It just
> basically
> seems wrong to me. They should have real versions in when over
> there. I
> suggest an extra step, before the signing
> *** Update all poms under m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository to be the real
> version
> ***

This was supposed to be fixed by the parent pom. Something musta gone
bad...

> Another question : there is no mention of checking in the stuff
> under "releases". Some seem to have been checked in and some not.
> What is the
> policy ?

We need to have a permanent svn archive of what we released.

> Also, how does the Maven2 repository "maven-metadata.xml" file get
> changed ?
> Is it manually hacked somewhere ? and if so, how does it then get
> pushed onto
> IBiblio ?

It needs to be manually hacked for now, and made part of the release
process.

Craig

> Thx
> --