db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: JDO 2.3-ea : Release process
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 17:49:14 GMT
> Thinking a bit more about it, this isn't a parent pom issue. It's a
> maven settings issue. Somewhere you need to have the
> jdo.currentVersion set.
>
> Michelle engineered this solution. I don't remember the details on
> where the version is supposed to be set...

If using the Maven "install"/"deploy" goals then the version is substituted in
the "pom" that is put in the repo. However the process to generate the
release actually just does a <copy> of the project.xml from api2 etc which
won't substitute anything.

Obviously it would be nice if Apache allowed a way of deploying direct into
IBiblio (using the deploy goal) and then this 2 stage copying process would
be unnecessary.

--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)