db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r772124 - in /db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext: fscontext.jar providerutil.jar
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 15:56:48 GMT
Hi Craig,

> > Ahh but they weren't in the release. They were in SVN. The "release"
> > distribution doesn't have them.
>
> I don't follow. The files were checked into the releases/2.3-ea
> directory in svn. Was checking them in part of the release process?

No, but then the instructions for release aren't simple. They were
under "db/jdo/**branches** not **releases**, so my previous reply was simply
to verify if the license of aforementioned jars prohibits existence in SVN;
they aren't being distributed. Either way they aren't there now.

> > Wish you people would sort your licenses out, then
> > none of this would be a problem ;-)
>
> Who is "you people"? Sun, who don't release these jars under a license
> that Apache finds suitable?

Just my vain attempt at humour. There was a smiley. I'll stick to serious
stuff from now on :-)

--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)