db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject JDO 2.3-ea : Release process
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 11:05:37 GMT
Having tried this "release process" I find the following.

In step 7 it says
"7. Sign the artifacts. You must have a gpg key in order to perform this step.
The sign-directory script is checked into jdo/bin. Edit this script to refer
to your own environment (do not check it in).
bin/sign-directory releases/2.n/dist/jdo2.<n>-rc<m>"

yet there is no directory with a name like that.
"releases/2.3-ea/dist" is the closest I have. Under that we have
db
m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository

Is this correct ?
These are presumably created by the steps before that. So all files under
there need signing. Ok.

If I look in the poms under
"releases/2.3-ea/dist/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/"
they all have
<currentVersion>${jdo.currentVersion}</currentVersion>
This also seems to be what is being pushed about in IBiblio. It just basically
seems wrong to me. They should have real versions in when over there. I
suggest an extra step, before the signing
*** Update all poms under m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository to be the real version
***

Another question : there is no mention of checking in the stuff
under "releases". Some seem to have been checked in and some not. What is the
policy ?

Also, how does the Maven2 repository "maven-metadata.xml" file get changed ?
Is it manually hacked somewhere ? and if so, how does it then get pushed onto
IBiblio ?

Thx
--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)