db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Jefferson" <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, April 17, 9 am PDT
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:25:15 GMT
> 3. JDO 2.3 beta? Andy has proposed we look at releasing 2.3, which
> means deferring a number of items that are currently tagged as 2.3.
> Test case coverage for the new items in 2.3 is weak. AI: everyone
> respond to Andy's message of 15-Apr-2009. Volunteer to write test
> cases so we can get this release out.

My initial requirement was for "jdo2-api-2.3-beta.jar".
I don't see that as meaning that the TCK needs a beta at the same time,
just so that implementations have something in Maven repositories that
they can build against. While the API jar is in beta we can add the
missing tests; it just signifies a cut off in new features being added so
implementations can develop the new features.

--Andy