db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@datanucleus.org>
Subject Re: JDO2.3 beta ?
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:39:01 GMT
> I'd really like to see a "beta" of JDO2.3 API jar soon.

I still would like this, and indeed it is more pressing now. To be able to
plan on releases of an implementation the availability of things such
as "jdo2-api" are essential. Obviously I could just develop my own jdo2-api
and release it independently, but then we have the Apache JDO code in open
source so it makes more sense to have proper lifecycle releases of that ...
alpha, beta-1, beta-2, rc-1, final etc. Is it the bureaucracy that Apache
places on a project stopping this ?

So, to be able to plan anything I'd like to get a ***date*** when there'll be
a JDO2.3 beta released.

> It would be preferable for such a beta to have all API changes in it by
> then. This means the following JIRAs need updates
> JDO-630 - patch provided

Patch not needed. RI now has the suggested spec behaviour :-)

> JDO-591 - done ?

Presumably done since nobody has opposing comments :-)
Any change to sync with JDO-621 could be in a beta-2 perhaps.

> JDO-621 - not essential for a beta since is part of JDOHelper?

Could be in a beta-2 ?

> JDO-623 - patch proposed

Matthew had a proposal to extend the cancel to be able to cancel a specific
execution of the query (as opposed to the current cancel that cancels all
running executions). In beta-2 ?

> JDO-619 - patch provided

Patch is indeed provided and would be nice to get some comments so we can move
this forward :-)

--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)