db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: question about maven build goals....
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:21:27 GMT
Hi Richard,

I also don't see this error message when running maven javadoc from
trunk/api2.  The variables that use the assignment that is producing
this error only occur in the top-level maven.xml in trunk, not the one
in api2. So it's hard to see how you would get this from api2.

-- Michelle

Richard Schilling - Consultant wrote:

>When I run the maven javadoc target from the API2 directory, I get the following error
back

>$ cd trunk\api2
>$ maven javadoc
>
>__  __
>|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
>| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
>|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.1
>
>Caught exception evaluating: basedir.substring(0, basedir.lastIndexOf('jdo')). Reason:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
>        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at org.apache.commons.jexl.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:231)
>        at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:104)
>        at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:82)
>

>... add nausium
>
>The javadoc target seems to run, however and generate javadoc items.
>
>But, what causes this error exactly, and how do I avoid it?
>
>Jira bug JDO 603 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-603) suggests that a directory
name has to contain the text "jdo".

>The build documentation doesn't specify build instructions completely - something I'll
be updating, BTW when I get this question answered ...