db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Christiaan <christiaan...@hotmail.com>
Subject NonTransactionalRead & Query Fetchplan
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:33:15 GMT

Hi,
I have a question about the behaviour of Queries after a commit when
"NonTransactionalRead" is set to true. Should a Query behave like it did
before the commit? More specifically, when defining a fetchsize in the
FetchPlan I would like to see that the Query is still honouring this
fetchsize after a commit is given. If I am not mistaken, this is not
explicitly described in the specification?

The scenario I am working with is as such:
I have set NonTransactionRead=true and Multithreaded=true. I have 1 pm, and
2 threads. Thread 1 performs reads (executing queries with large result set)
and Thread 2 performs writes. Now when I am iterating over a large query in
Thread 1 and Thread 2 is doing a commit, I don't want this to affect the
iterating over the query in Thread 1.

kind regards,
Christiaan