db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sept 26, 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:15:04 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Richard Schilling, Craig
Russell

Agenda:

1.  TCK query tests (JDO-580) Michael attached a patch with two new
test classes and all of the tests fail. Since the failing tests are
for new features that are not well documented. AI Michael update the
JIRA with the failures and assign the JIRA to Craig.

2. JDOHelper tests (JDO-582, JDO-557) Nothing new to report.

3. Other issues

JDO 2.2 beta can be prepared for a vote. The new test case for
isolation level has a new patch supplied by Andy. AI Craig review and
approve the patch.

Currently, JDO 2.2 trunk depends on DataNucleus SNAPSHOT. When we
prepare JDO 2.2. trunk for a beta we should probably depend on a
DataNucleus beta release. Then, once the JCP approves the JDO 2.2
Change Log (October 13), we can spin an official release of both JDO
2.2 and the RI DataNucleus.

The alternative would be to simply make a final release once the JCP
approves. But it might be a good idea to spin a beta.

Thoughts?

Action Items from weeks past:

[Feb 1 2008] AI  Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF
contract to support  ServiceLoader.

[Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by
query for post-JDO 2.1.

[May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org
and check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that
has the magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.

[May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the basics
of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com