db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 29, 9 am PDT
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:18:32 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. JDO 2.2 release timing: There are just 10 issues outstanding.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-557 needs some analysis but
expect this will be done

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-580 will probably need a new
test class

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-573 It appears that the
Datanucleus bug won't be fixed in time for a 2008 release, so we will
need to reorganize the test case that exposes the issue and put the
failing test into the exclude list.[ There are several tests in the
test case that work fine.]

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-591 Any volunteers to pick
this one?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-582 There's a need to update
JDOHelper independent of the test case

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-463 Looks like this is ready
to be closed with just a spec update

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-556 should be split into two
parts: this one that will probably be deferred and another that simply
adds the constructor requirement to PersistenceManagerFactory
implementations

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-558 The test case is ready
but there's a change needed in Datanucleus to support serialization

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-590 I'd like some more
discussion on this before we decide whether to do anything. Seems like
there are two different requirements and it's unclear whether just
doing the API without mandating behavior is useful or more
opportunities for divergence.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-500 This might fall out of
557, but if not, we can probably defer it.

2. Other issues

JDO 2.1.1 release: Michael has volunteered to update JIRA with the
bugs that were resolved in JDO 2.1.1. Yay.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Feb 1 2008] AI  Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF
contract to support  ServiceLoader.

[Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by
query for post-JDO 2.1.

[May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org
and check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that
has the magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.

[May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the basics
of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.

[Aug 11 2006] AI Craig propose some semantics for behavior if user
tries to add to a list where the ordering element is incorrect.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com