db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Security issue with generated classes
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 00:40:51 GMT
We have an issue with the JDO security model and generated classes.

The standard Java SecurityManager does not provide for dynamic
addition of class loaders to the protection domains. So generated
classes cannot participate in the security model.

This implies to me that we cannot use the standard JDO security model
and must so something else for generated classes.

I'm open to ideas. My focus will be on the replaceSecurityManager
permission. I'd like to hear ideas from others.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!