db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: JDO 2.2 feature list
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:29:00 GMT
Since we have setMaxFetchDepth() on FetchPlan, it would be good to also
have a setRecursionDepth() on FetchPlan, maybe in addition to having the
annotation on field level.

At least I have a use-case here where that would be desirable.

Craig L Russell schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Now that JDO 2.1 has shipped, it's time to think about the next
> release. We have some bugs to fix, some cleanup that didn't make 2.1,
> and some new things that should be done.
>
> I'd like to get to a quicker release cycle now that all of the big
> ticket items are done (Java 5, Annotations, JPA alignment).
>
> Here are the new features I'd like to do for JDO 2.2:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-554 Dynamic fetch plans. We
> currently have metadata for fetch plans but no way to dynamically
> configure them.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-556 Use Java 6 ServiceLoader
> pattern for PersistenceManagerFactory lookups. This needs a minor
> change to the contract for PersistenceManagerFactory to provide for a
> no-args constructor used by JDOHelper.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-552 Add new constructors for
> exceptions
>
> Craig Russell
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

artnology GmbH - Milastraße 4 - 10437 Berlin - Germany
Geschäftsführer: Ekkehard Blome (CEO), Felix Kuschnick (CCO)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 76376
UST-Id. DE 217652550