db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Bengtson" <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: JDO 2.2 feature list
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:22:05 GMT
My wish list are the features that could differentiate JDO to JPA:

- support to multiple datastores
- JMX management/monitoring model
- OSGi Service (Similar to JDO-556)
- The long waited enhancer API

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Craig.Russell@Sun.COM [mailto:Craig.Russell@Sun.COM]
Envoyé : mardi 1 avril 2008 23:19
À : JDO Expert Group; Apache JDO project
Objet : JDO 2.2 feature list

Hi,

Now that JDO 2.1 has shipped, it's time to think about the next
release. We have some bugs to fix, some cleanup that didn't make 2.1,
and some new things that should be done.

I'd like to get to a quicker release cycle now that all of the big
ticket items are done (Java 5, Annotations, JPA alignment).

Here are the new features I'd like to do for JDO 2.2:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-554 Dynamic fetch plans. We
currently have metadata for fetch plans but no way to dynamically
configure them.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-556 Use Java 6 ServiceLoader
pattern for PersistenceManagerFactory lookups. This needs a minor
change to the contract for PersistenceManagerFactory to provide for a
no-args constructor used by JDOHelper.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-552 Add new constructors for
exceptions

Craig Russell