db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jordan <davej...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache JDO 2.1
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:55:06 GMT

+1 on the release...

I was not happy to see the following bad news...
http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?
articleID=206904549

Sun does not seem to make any sense these days. They have sponsored
the best API, JDO, for years.
Then they let the EJB folks create JPA, which they tried to get to
subsume JDO.
Now they go with TopLink, an Oracle product, right after they have
bought JBoss?
It just makes no sense.