db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthewad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDO 2.1 review: recursion-depth
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 23:42:27 GMT
Yes, exactly.  This would be the no-op that I was referring to.

-matthew

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Bouschen <mbo.tech@spree.de>
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Cc: jdo-experts-ext@sun.com
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2008 1:14:51 PM
Subject: Re: JDO 2.1 review:  recursion-depth

  Hi Matthew,

  Yes, I remember that now.  I also remember never quite understanding why 0 is an invalid
value.  It seems to me that 0 would result in a no-op as far as recursion goes.  Why is that
an error?  It might be dumb, but I don't think it has to be an error.
  Just for my understanding:
you propose a recursion-depth of 0 means the corresponding field is notfetched at all, correct?
This would mean it is treated as if the fieldwas not included in the fetch-group.

Regards Michael