db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache JDO 2.1
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:42:10 GMT
Honestly I'd think it wasn't even considered, at least because probably
nobody came up with the idea (or do you know whether JPOX had been
proposed as the JPA RI?)

However, if JPOX had been chosen as the JPA RI, now that would look a
little stupid. Like, if that JDO implementation does anyway what JPA
requires, then why does JPA exist at all? No?

Erik Bengtson schrieb:
> If the decision factor was based on not being a Sun competitor, then the
> first choice would be JPOX.
>
> ...lobbing was key.

artnology GmbH - Milastraße 4 - 10437 Berlin - Germany
Geschäftsführer: Ekkehard Blome (CEO), Felix Kuschnick (CCO)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 76376
UST-Id. DE 217652550