db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache JDO 2.1
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:04:48 GMT
It was Red Hat who bought JBoss, and so Hibernate. Maybe for some reason
Sun wants the RI rather to come from Oracle than from Red Hat?
Uhm, or where did the JPA RI come from so far?

David Jordan schrieb:

> +1 on the release...
>
> I was not happy to see the following bad news...
> http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206904549
>

> Sun does not seem to make any sense these days. They have sponsored
> the best API, JDO, for years.
> Then they let the EJB folks create JPA, which they tried to get to
> subsume JDO.
> Now they go with TopLink, an Oracle product, right after they have
> bought JBoss?
> It just makes no sense.
>

> On Mar 18, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:
>
>> This vote is to release the Apache JDO 2.1 specification, TCK, and
>> API (both legacy and current versions) with the projects that they
>> depend on: enhancer, model, and util.
>>
>> [+1] Release JDO 2.1 specification, api, tck, enhancer, model, and util
>> [0] Don't care
>> [-1] Don't releaseJDO 2.1 specification, api, tck, enhancer, model,
>> and util because:
>>

>> The specification is available at
>> http://db.apache.org/jdo/specifications.html. The TCK can be tested
>> from the staging area,
>> http://people.apache.org/~mcaisse/jdo2.1-rc2/dist. Please follow the
>> directions at http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ReleaseTesting2dot1 for
>> downloading and testing. It would be useful if you would record the
>> results of your testing there.
>>
>> Please test and vote. Voting will close at noon PDT Monday, March 24.
>>
>> -- Michelle

artnology GmbH - Milastraße 4 - 10437 Berlin - Germany
Geschäftsführer: Ekkehard Blome (CEO), Felix Kuschnick (CCO)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 76376
UST-Id. DE 217652550