db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: JDO 2.1 review: recursion-depth
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 21:14:51 GMT
Hi Matthew,

> Yes, I remember that now.  I also remember never quite understanding why 0 is an invalid
value.  It seems to me that 0 would result in a no-op as far as recursion goes.  Why is that
an error?  It might be dumb, but I don't think it has to be an error.

Just for my understanding:
you propose a recursion-depth of 0 means the corresponding field is not
fetched at all, correct? This would mean it is treated as if the field
was not included in the fetch-group.

Regards Michael

--
Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH  Tel.: +49/(0)30/235 520-33
Buelowstr. 66                Fax.: +49/(0)30/217 520-12

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Martin Weber
Sitz Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 564 52