db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday Mar 7, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:32:11 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse

Recursion depth: Email discussion suggested that 0 should be no-op. But
what does this mean? Also, a user might expect any negative value to be
infinite recursion depth, given that -1 is defined that way. We will
continue discussion in email.

Craig's status:

> 1. JDOHelper is almost done. With the pending changes, and new test
> cases for JDOHelper overrides for PersistenceUnitName, and the latest
> JPOX SNAPSHOT, everything passes. So I have no concerns about the
> current ship quality of JPOX.
>
> I still need to do a small bit of reorganization of the JDOHelper
> code  before I check it in. So far, I've refactored
> getPersistenceManagerFactory(Map overrides, String name, ClassLoader
> resourceLoader, ClassLoader pmfLoader) so it is one page and much
> more  readable.
>
> 2. I've briefly looked at Andy's proposed changes to the recursion
> depth text and if there's no further discussion, I'll update the spec.

Open issues for JDO 2.1: The patch on JDO-555 needs to be reviewed. Need
to review other JIRAs and change fix for release flag for some.

-- Michelle