db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO 2.1 review: recursion-depth
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:54:57 GMT
> I think it would be helpful to add the description of a recursion-depth
> value of zero to section 12.7.4.  Values -1 and 1 are discussed, but the
> subsequent example uses a value of zero, which is special enough a value to
> be called out explicitly.

Well I'd just fix the example :-). A value of 0 is invalid isn't it? -1 is
unlimited, and a positive integer is a finite number of levels. That's all we
can have. I think 0 used to represent infinite levels some time back but was
changed to -1  see item 22 in the Changelog
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr243/243ChangeLog.html

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)