db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Feb 1, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:08:32 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. ServiceLoader (JDO-556) This issue has been taken out of JDO 2.1
because the API doesn't match exactly what the JDO PMF requires. AI
Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF contract to support
ServiceLoader.

2. Query BNF (JDO-569) Michael has updated the bnf and will attach it
to the jira.

3. JDOHelper Security (JDO-555) The JDOHelper class has been updated
with several new methods that call privileged methods within a
doPrivileged block. The issue now is how to test that all of the
methods that need privileges have been wrapped. Need to add an extra
maven goal that sets up security or modify the goal to include
security. Look at jdo ri11 project for examples.

4. Derby bug causing query test failure (JDO-435, Derby 3301) The
Derby bug fix will be checked in to the Derby code base targeted for
10.4.x.x scheduled for release in April. AI Craig create a new test
case and put the failing test(s) into it, and exclude the test case
for now.

5. Other issues

a. JDO 2.1 release status: Craig submitted the Maintenance Review to
the JCP. The 30 day review ends the first week in March.

b. Michael sent comments on the Query chapter. Question: do we support
exclude subclasses in subqueries? I think so.

Question: Should we include more examples in 14.10? Yes, I think so.

c. The API was changed recently to swap parameters in the evict, pin,
and unpin methods but the signature files were accidentally left out.
AI Michael has volunteered to update to update the signature files.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by
query for post-JDO 2.1.

[May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org
and check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that
has the magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.

[May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the basics
of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.

[Aug 11 2006] AI Craig propose some semantics for behavior if user
tries to add to a list where the ordering element is incorrect.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com