db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r596377 - /db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:16:40 GMT
Hi Andy,

Sorry my comments were interpreted as requesting you to roll back the
changes. I hadn't completely read the commit and wasn't trying to
interfere.

I agree with the goal to have the entire help fit into what most
users can see on a virtual terminal. Beyond that, I don't want to
paint the bike shed a different color.

Craig

On Nov 19, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
>> Most of my use of the tck is on a virtual terminal, so I guess I'd
>> like to keep the 80 character guideline.
>
> Ok (but dont VTs allow more than 80 chars? I can on Linux).
> Previous version
> of maven.xml is now reinstated but I would say that a "help page"
> should have
> all key info on *one* page of a typical users screen. So if we are
> limiting
> to 80 chars width then that would have to fit into say 64 lines
> (how many I
> have on my screen, and many people will have less). What is there
> currently
> doesnt even with 64 lines ... hence scrolling
>

> --
> Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com