db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r596377 - /db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:57:49 GMT
Hi Andy,

I'll try to be more focused in this reply ;-)

I use a terminal that can be resized horizontally from 80 to very
wide, and vertically up to 60 lines.

So I support going beyond the 80 character guideline if it means that
the entire help text fits into my 60 lines.

I know that others use terminal emulators that don't resize
horizontally past 80 characters.

Craig

On Nov 19, 2007, at 9:39 AM, andyj@apache.org wrote:

> Author: andyj
> Date: Mon Nov 19 09:39:27 2007
> New Revision: 596377

> Log:
> Reformat some of the "help" output so we have half a chance of
> having it on one page of a normal sized screen.
> Are we seriously sticking to 80 char line widths for help text ?
>
> Modified:
>     db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com