db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Serializing PersistenceManager
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:25:53 GMT
Hi Erik,

On Nov 29, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> Craig,
>
> what's the meaning of this? Something to do with non tx writes?
>
> "...It must write the before image of dirty instances in order
> to restore these instances later...."

Here's what I had in mind. Subject to discussion and approval by the
expert group.

The serialization might be done in an optimistic transaction (before
flush) or outside a transaction. There might be dirty instances
(persistent-dirty or persistent-nontransactional-dirty) whose changes
need to be preserved in the serialized PersistenceManager so the
updates can be written to the datastore in the restored context. If
the optimistic transaction is subsequently rolled back, the
restoreValues flag should control the treatment of the dirty instance
(which means restoring field values from the before image).

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!