db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:38:54 GMT
Andy Jefferson wrote:

>>1. Enum tests: Michelle is just about ready to check in. Running last
>>tests. In JPOX, enums are not persistent by default and seem to have
>>trouble with numeric types. AI Michelle check in tests; AI Craig
>>update spec to mandate enums as singleton, immutable objects and
>>allow other enum support;
>>

>So are enum fields going to be default "persistent" now ?
>Await to see what tests we are talking about here ... persistence?,
>retrieval?, JDOQL?, something else, because we obviously have some of our own
>and test the majority of things. The only known issue is for JDOQL
>expressions comparing an enum field with the enum value (when it was
>persisted as a numeric). Comparing with the enum ordinal works fine in that
>situation.

Tests were just checked in. Try, for example, models1.conf, where we get:

 test(org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestFieldsOfSimpleEnum)javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException:

Cannot set String parameter: value = AL for column
"applicationidentity1.FIELDSOFENUMORDINAL.ENUM94" : Invalid character
string format for type INTEGER.

I know this is supposed to work, so maybe you can tell us what's going
wrong.

Other issues: enums not persistent by default in jpox, as you know, and
arrays of enums not supported.

-- Michelle