db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Samson" <e...@xcalia.com>
Subject RE: multiple databases one PM/TX
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:34:38 GMT
Hello Joerg,

I don't think Erik wants to reinvent JTA.
Probably a multi DBS PMF implementation will rely on a JTA TM.
But you also have to cover non transactional data sources.
I think the proposed options are here to cover this.

Best Regards,
....: Eric Samson, Founder & CTO, Xcalia
Service your Data!

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Joerg von Frantzius [mailto:joerg.von.frantzius@artnology.com]
Envoyé : lundi 5 novembre 2007 10:29
À : jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Cc : jdo-experts-ext@sun.com
Objet : Re: multiple databases one PM/TX

Hi Erik,

there is one thing that I don't understand about this proposed feature (which may be just
me not seeing the obvious point of course :)

Running 2PC on multiple data sources is handled already by J2EE implementations, and, as far
as I recall, there are also libraries available that provide a JTA without a full blown J2EE
server. Why would you want to duplicate this already existing and available functionality
in JDO?

Regards,
Jörg