db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: feature request
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 08:43:36 GMT
> We can also consider having two methods:
>     Object[] getManagedObjects(ObjectState state)
>     Object[] getManagedObjects(Set<ObjectState> states)
> or maybe even better:
>     Object[] getManagedObjects(ObjectState... states)

+1 on adding a method/methods to PersistenceManager
+1 on the name "getManagedObjects".
Return type : I have no preference over Collection or Object[]

I like Ilans ideas for signatures, and would have
getManagedObjects(ObjectState ... states);
getManagedObjects();

The final method could also be present in "jdo2-api-legacy" jar too so this
capability is then available for people still using JDK1.3, 1.4.

This should be in JDO2.1 since it should be trivial to implement (and some
implementations already have this type of custom capability).

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)