db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:50:16 GMT
> test(org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestFieldsOfSimpleEnum)javax.jdo.
>JDODataStoreException: Cannot set String parameter: value = AL for column
> "applicationidentity1.FIELDSOFENUMORDINAL.ENUM94" : Invalid character
> string format for type INTEGER.
>
> I know this is supposed to work, so maybe you can tell us what's going
> wrong.

Hi Michelle,

How are you expecting jPOX to know you want to persist as an numeric rather
than String ? JPOX support is based on how we thought it should be
implemented (since not defined in the JDO spec explicitly). We rely
on "jdbc-type" currently, with default being String-based.

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)