db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:19:22 GMT
> 1. Enum tests: Michelle is just about ready to check in. Running last
> tests. In JPOX, enums are not persistent by default and seem to have
> trouble with numeric types. AI Michelle check in tests; AI Craig
> update spec to mandate enums as singleton, immutable objects and
> allow other enum support;

So are enum fields going to be default "persistent" now ?
Await to see what tests we are talking about here ... persistence?,
retrieval?, JDOQL?, something else, because we obviously have some of our own
and test the majority of things. The only known issue is for JDOQL
expressions comparing an enum field with the enum value (when it was
persisted as a numeric). Comparing with the enum ordinal works fine in that
situation.

> Email discussion: Proposed method to ask the persistence manager for
> managed instances might have a signature Object[ ] getManagedInstances
> (ObjectState[ ], Class... classes) which filters instances based on
> their state and class. This could be part of 2.1 or deferred to 2.2.
> Is this something that JPOX wants to see sooner?

JPOX already has
Collection PM.getManagedObjects()
and could have any of the mentioned combinations pretty fast ;-)

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)