db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Lindauer" <elinda...@gmail.com>
Subject feature request
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:43:44 GMT
Hi all,

Long time JDO user, first time poster.

I'd like to see JDO include a mechanism for accessing all the objects that
are:

a. enlisted in a particular transaction
b. managed by a particular persistence manager in it's level 1 cache

Either would do for my purposes, though I think they are both potentially
useful.  The most immediate need for these methods is to provide a mechanism
for an application to recognize when the data in a particular
PersistenceCapable object has changed, and make callbacks / refresh data /
etc.

I propose the following method signatures:

in javax.jdo.PersistenceManager:
    public Collection getManagedObjects();

in javax.jdo.Transaction:
    public Collection getEnlistedObjects();

Thanks for your consideration.  I apologize if I've written to the wrong
list.

     Sincerely,
      Eric Lindauer