db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in JDOImplHelper due to security manager
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:40:53 GMT
Hi Erik,

Actually, this is a bug in JDOImplHelper. It is missing a
doPrivileged around calling getDateTimeInstance.

The permissions you mention should be assigned to the JDO jar, if
needed at all. We need to look at the implementation here and decide
if getDateTimeInstance is really needed or if there is some other way
to get this functionality.

Can you please file a JIRA?

Thanks,

Craig

On Oct 8, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> An application using JDO needs the following additional permissions
> to run:
>
> 	permission java.util.PropertyPermission "user.country", "read";
> 	permission java.util.PropertyPermission "user.timezone",
> "read,write";
> 	permission java.util.PropertyPermission "java.home", "read";
>
> Otherwise:

> 	at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.TimeZone.hasPermission(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.TimeZone.setDefaultZone(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.TimeZone.getDefaultRef(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.TimeZone.getDefault(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initializeCalendar(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.text.DateFormat.get(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.text.DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(Unknown Source)
> 	at javax.jdo.spi.JDOImplHelper.<clinit>(JDOImplHelper.java:123)
> 	... 22 more
>

> Is that interesting to note in the JDO SPEC?

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!