db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Christiaan <christiaan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Subquery specification update
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:07:51 GMT

Hi Craig,
the examples are very informative. I must say that I find the description
for candidateCollectionExpression
"The candidateCollectionExpression is the expression using tokens from
this query that represent the candidates over which the subquery is
evaluated. "
a little bit cryptic (I actually find the paramater name more descriptive
than the description). Especially "tokens from this query" (is tokens a
common word for this and may be it should be stressed that this query is the
outer query?) and "over which the subquery is evaluated", but may be this is
needed for the spec.

Anyway, do I understand it correctly that it is the same as:
sub.setFilter(":departmentEmployees.contains(this)");
Query q = pm.newQuery(Employee.class);
q.setFilter("this.weeklyHours > averageWeeklyhours");
q.addSubquery(sub, "double averageWeeklyhours",  null,
"this.department.employees");

kind regards,
Christiaan