db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Bengtson" <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: Serialization of PersistenceManagers
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:01:52 GMT
>This is one of the last items before we release JDO 2.1.

>We need to specify the behavior of a persistence manager if it
>implements Serializable and its writeObject method is called.

Couple of questions.

Portability:
Do we look after portability on serialization? I mean, can PM of
implementation A be serialized and deserialized using implementation B?

Transaction:
Can we serialize while there is an ongoing pessimistic transaction?
Can we serialize while there is an ongoing optimistic transaction?
Do we suspend the transaction on serialize and resume on deserialize?

NonTransactionWrite:
What happens if the PC objects are not serializable?

Listeners:
What about the listeners?
if user classes are not defined in the other JVM, do we allow partial
deserialization?

Environment configuration:
I imagine that we have to serialize the PMF too, so if a connection defined
at PMF has username and password, should they be serialized too?

Regards,