db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jordan <davej...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Who is responsible for JDOCentral.com?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:31:47 GMT

I forwarded your email to Dirk Bartels, who started JDOCentral and
hosted the service.
The JDO vendors dropped the funding to keep JDOCentral alive, a
mistake in my opinion.
What is the status of JDO in the marketplace now?
What is the status of JPA in the marketplace? Has JPA lived up to all
its hype and promise from the EJB community and Sun?
I am not working with either technology now, I am doing other things,
but I sure have not seen much impact from JPA in terms of adoption.
All I have seen is use of Hibernate, often misuse of Hibernate.
Is the JDO vendor community still serious about JDO?
If so, I think they should fund to keep JDOCentral alive...